Wednesday, July 30, 2008

anonymous.

I miss that feeling that comes when you're walking through a strange new city. exploring the sights around you. finding new places to eat and sometimes strange new bathrooms. you don't know anyone. you can walk for hours. there's no agenda. possibly hours or even days till you have to be somewhere. it's best to blend in with the rest of the crowd as best you can and hopefully find some quiet place to sit and think. maybe next to a castle looking down on the bustle. maybe at a corner cafe watching the people shuffle by. maybe next to a fountain- basking in the sunshine. regardless of the weather, the feeling comes. it brings with it the courage to take risks, to let go of whoever you're "supposed" to be, and to free oneself from the constraints of a schedule. it's the feeling of anonymity. and i miss it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for your compliments on my blog! You know, I was thinking similar things yesterday - I was walking back to my car at the grocery store, and I felt SO AWKWARD, because I know half this town and I can't just relax and know that no one is paying attention to me, and if they are, they're never gonna see me agian. And I wished I was in the middle of a big city for the first time in my life.