Wednesday, July 9, 2008

today.

i ordered a cell phone! and a new hard drive for my computer. i'm tired of mine being full all of the time, and i found a good deal on a 250gig drive. so my brother-in-law is going to help me make the switch! i'm really excited about both!

also, my dog is afraid of thunderstorms, and tonight we had a doosey, with lots of lightening. I heard on Martha that dogs get a static build-up of electricity during thunderstorms (which by the way, I will henceforth refer to as lightening storms) that pretty much makes them feel like they are bein shocked a lot (so they find themselves a tile floor or something less staticy to lay on), but if you rub a drier sheet on them they'll feel better. So I tried that tonight, but it didn't seem to work. She usually keeps pretty close to one of us, hides under my parent's bed, or behind the toilet in their bathroom, but tonight, she got into our bathtub and just sat there for the remainder of the storm. poor thing.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I was thinkin I should get some more space for my computer but the whole process seems rather daunting... also I should probably get a job first because my funds are quickly dwindling... good to know about the dog thing, mine always did that too - beeline for the basement as soon as the door opened during a storm.

jesse elisabeth said...

i'm done the 15th i believe. after that i don't know. i actually have absolutely no idea how i'm getting back to TU for the fall. i'm sure i'll figure something out before then.....i hope :P

Tim Shuman said...

your poor dog! ours isn't bothered by storms......anyway, i liked what you wrote and i read it out loud to tim and luke - we're all sitting here in our living room with our laptops, but now i am off to bed.
i LOVE living here btw. its so peaceful. we hear quite a bit of noise from palmgarten because of camps, etc., but people noise is a pleasant sound after living with the sound of big trucks rumbling by our houe on waldeck....
how are you doing? how's IN?